Hello guys!So busy this time that I haven’t posted my Blogstar of the Month earlier. I just find it difficult to choose who's next...hahah
Another inspiring blogger from Mindanao,Jeff, is a tech-enthusiast and anime fanatic who earned high spots in TopBlogs because of his excellent articles at whatswithjeff.com. Honestly,I've been following him almost a year and I believed he would share something helpful today.
Please read the interview:
1. What is the of name your Blog(s)? (how you come up with the name)
The name of my blog is Life of a PC Enthusiast and Anime Fanatic V2.0, long title isn’t it? When I started blogging, I actually do not know what to name my blog. I also do not have an idea how to name a blog. So I just use the line above which describes my hobby, likes and what my blog is generally all about. I am a PC enthusiast at the same time an Anime lover. Why V2.0 or version 2.0 you might ask? The version 1 was hosted on Blogspot, which I discontinued years ago. The version 2 is a self-hosted blog and is the official blog.
2. How and when did you start in Blogging? Who inspire you to blog?
I first started blogging back in 2010. I was following Bo Sanchez and he was promoting Jomar Hilario, a Filipino guru on online affiliate marketing and blogging. Sir Jomar was talking about how to make money online through blogging, and then I said to myself, “Why not, I’ll try this.”
Although, I did not join his “Make money online club” since there was a membership fee. And I could not afford it during that time. So I did some research, read some forums and articles about blogging, making money online, affiliate marketing, SEO and the likes. I first started blogging using Blogspot, then later I decided to buy a hosting account and bought my own domain. At first I was more of an affiliate marketer than a blogger.
Who inspires me to blog? My family inspires me to blog.
3. How many visitors do you get daily to your blog?
In http://whatswithjeff.com, as of today I get an average of 2000 unique visitors per day. Not much compared to other blogs out there.
4. How much time do you spend on work related to your blog?
About 3 hours a day (usually).
5. Where do you see your blog(s) and yourself in 5 years?
After five years, I see myself as a full time blogger and affiliate marketer. By then I would have expanded already and hopefully live the dream of earning thousands of dollars every month like the big affiliate marketers and bloggers out there.
6. One of the hardest things for beginner bloggers is getting traffic. What tips can you give bloggers to drive traffic to a new blog?
I am not a guru when it comes to driving traffic. I could still consider myself as somewhat a “newbie”, but here are my tips:
- Learn/research/read about SEO (search engine optimization)
- Blog for your reader BUT optimize your blog and blog post for bots (search engine bots)
- Try to blog what’s new and what’s trending
- Always do keyword research, for any article that you will make
- Do what the successful bloggers do
- Interact with other successful bloggers and follow them, you might get some tips on driving traffic
- Be friendly and DO NOT plagiarize or copy content/work of others
- And this tip is probably a must do because it will kill 3 to 4 birds (not just 2) at one time guest posting with a dofollow link back to your blog.
7. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
Actually there are a lot of blogs I read, and all of these blogs are also related to my niche. They are:
- VR Zone
- Tech crunch
- Hardwarezone ph
- TJ,s daily
- ..and many more
8. What is your favorite blogging tool or the tool you couldn't live without?
-Google Keyword tool
-The essential wp plugins
9. What you could give to new blogger to help them start out on a path of success?
For those who want to become a blogger, or are just starting to blog; always choose a niche or topic that interests you most. It would be easier that way, and you will not run out of ideas.
Focus on content first and quality of content. Your priority is your reader’s satisfaction. Second is, it should be search engine optimized, and last is monetization.
10. Aside from blogging what are other things you love to do?
Spending time with my family, reviewing some items, playing PC games, console or hand-held games, watching anime.