Powered by Globe Tattoo, the Tatt Awards were launched at the posh Opus Club in Resorts World Manila to coincide with the 2nd annual Social Media Day.
Remember, that according to recent stats 95 percent of Filipinos online are actively engage in Social Media network, so, Philippines indeed to be called the social media capital of the world.
Back to Tatt Awards, is being launched to give due recognition to the growing power and influence of this medium and to people who have used the digital space to inspire, spur change and make a difference.
“Tattoo is about making your mark and your own personal definition of greatness. The Tatt Awards is our venue to recognize those individuals that through their passion and individuality have created a space that is truly theirs, but sincerely shared with others,” said Dong Ronquillo, head of Nomadic Broadband Business of Globe Telecom.
Tatt Awards Ten Categories
1. The One- the most influential trendsetter that shaped opinion, moved people and prompted action
2. Ballbreaker, a blogger or a Twitter user who started a debate, sparked conversations or a revolution of opinions with just one hard-hitting post
3. Stylisimo, a person that not only reviewed fashion but also set a trend one that everyone
4. Indie Rocker, a musical band or indie artist who fought hard to claim their space in the hearts of the Filipino audience via webtime
5. Wordslayer, a blogger whose mastery of words showed wit, humor and grit to the Philippine blogosphere
6. Artiste, an inspiring person whose fiery passion for creating visual art through original graphic design, animation or photography has caught fire in the Philippine online art scene
7. Tech Junkie, a blogger, podcaster or Twitter user who shares access to the latest in trends and the fast pace world of e-knowledge
8. Thought-Mover, a Twitter user who sparked a fire in the Philippine Twittersphere with one unique hashtag
9. Video Slinger, an individual or group who shook the Pinoy web space with though-provoking or entertaining video
10. The Advocate, a person or a group of individuals who worked to improve the state of a societal cause in the Philippines through social media.
Winners will receive P100,000 in cash and premium broadband products from Tattoo.
Winners are decided by public voting and a panel of judges christened The Tatt Council.
Join now! The online nominations will run until July 14, 2011 via the Tattoo portal http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/tattawards/ Finalists will be announced on August 10, at which point the online voting will begin and run until August 24.
The Tatt Awards Night will be on August 27.
So, bloggers, social media fanatics, techies, geeks and trendsetters it’s your time to shine!
**Special credit to Newsbytes.ph**